2017 Franchising Gives Back Day of Service
We hope you will join us and participate in the 2017 Franchising Gives Back Day of Service!
To kick off the 57th IFA Annual Convention at Mandalay Bay Hotel in Las Vegas, NV, the Franchise Education & Research Foundation in collaboration with Roark Capital Group, will host the Franchising Gives Back volunteer event. This year, it will take place Saturday, January 28, 2017 from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm.
This year, Franchising Gives Back Volunteers will be serving at Richard J. Rundle Elementary School, a Title 1 elementary school where 90% of students are on free or reduced lunch. Volunteers will be giving an Elementary School Makeover to the school which will provide safer, more attractive places for the students to play and learn.
Volunteers activities will include:
- Painting murals, garden pavers, and the playground area
- Install sports equipment, such as: tether balls, soccer balls, basketballs, kickballs, footballs, jump ropes, equipment cart
- Assemble Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM) kits and/or whisper phones used by students to read
- Planting a garden – volunteers would fill garden beds with dirt, spread decomposed granite around beds, assist with irrigation and planting.
- Install computer headphones
- Install wooden hooks on the outside classrooms for backpacks/coats
In addition, a $5,000 donation will be made to the school on behalf of Franchising Gives Back and the IFA Franchise Education & Research Foundation.
If you are interested in participating as a volunteer, please complete this registration form: fgb2017-volunteerreg-form and return it via email to Gionne Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to her attention at (202) 628-0812.