H.E.L.P., the Charity has Grown by Supporting Public Schools
H.E.L.P., the Charity is proud to announce they have just released an additional 11 grants totaling $5,508.22. To date, H.E.L.P., the Charity, has already issued 662 awards of grants totaling $189,130.19.
Through its grant program, H.E.L.P. provides grants to U.S. based non-profit tax exempt schools and other entities to support educational programs. H.E.L.P. was born out of the desire of the shareholders and franchisees of Schmizza International, to make a positive, long lasting impact on the communities we serve. The worldwide recession caused many local, state and federal governments to drastically cut the budgets at schools, with potentially devastating results. If our children are unable to receive a quality education, they could fall behind children in other countries, potentially weakening our nation’s competitiveness. It was this need that drove Pizza Schmizza and its franchise owners to conceive of H.E.L.P., the Charity. H.E.L.P., is ‘Helping Education with Love and Pizza’. H.E.L.P. was launched in late 2010 and has since grown by supporting public schools and non-profits.
The funds awarded to date will make a positive impact on children’s lives in many communities, providing contributions to facilitate, among many other contributions, the purchasing of:
- Bridlemile School Foundation Supporting Bridlemile Elementary School, Beaverton, Oregon
- Westview High School Quizbowl Club, Portland, Oregon
- Bridges Academy Friday Lunch with the Principal, Beaverton, Oregon
- Lee Elementary School High Interest Books for Lower Reading Levels, Canby, Oregon
- Beaver Acres Elementary School Lap Desks, Beaverton, Oregon
- Lowrie Primary School PTA Supporting Arts and Science, Wilsonville, Oregon