Premier Preschools Break Fundraising Record to Help Children Nationwide
Primrose Schools®, a national high-quality early education and care provider, raised more than $720,000 for local and national children’s charities in 2016, breaking its previous record by nearly $100,000. More than 325 Primrose preschools contributed to this effort, demonstrating the company’s mission to forge a path that leads to a brighter future for all children.
Approximately 52,000 preschool children and their families participated in fundraising efforts last year as part of the Primrose Promise℠ corporate social responsibility program. Primrose Promise was founded in 2014 and represents the company’s commitment to make a difference in the lives of all children, especially those at greatest risk.
The entire Primrose Family – including the Primrose National Leadership Support Team members, Franchise Owners, teachers, staff, and students and families – gives back to their local school communities in many ways, all of which benefit children in need. Highlights of local Primrose Promise giving efforts in 2016 include:
- Local Fundraising: Annual Spring Fling community events held at each school raised more than $290,000 for local charities such as children’s hospitals, foster homes and more.
- Book Donations: Primrose schools across the country donated more than 33,000 books to local libraries, schools in need and children’s hospitals through annual book drives.
- Canned Food Drives: Primrose families and staff donated nearly 270,000 nonperishable food items to local food banks through annual Caring and Giving Food Drive events.
Primrose Schools also made a significant national impact last year. Highlights of national Primrose Promise efforts in 2016 include:
- National Partnership Support: Primrose Schools donated nearly $400,000 in total to national partners Save the Children®, World Forum Foundation™ and ZERO TO THREE®. The funds support research, advocacy and the daily work of these charitable partners to advance quality early education, children’s health and safety, and emergency relief.
- Primrose Promise Days of Giving: Nearly 100 members of the Primrose National Leadership Support Team participated in the first Primrose Promise Days of Giving event, contributing more than $3,800 and 400 combined volunteer hours toward local charities.
All Primrose Promise efforts reinforce the value of giving without expecting, which is woven throughout every level of the organization and nurtured in Primrose classrooms every day.
To learn more about the spirit of giving in Primrose schools across the country, visit PrimroseSchools.com/about-us.